At the time of pregnancy, it is quite difficult to carry yourself and do routine things that might seem not a big deal in the normal days.
As, all of us would agree that the time between pregnancy and birth is the most difficult time that a woman faces in her life.
It requires a lot of energy and proper rest to cope up with difficulties of maternal times.
Proper rest and eating good food are very essential for the health of mother and the baby.
Expecting women find it quite hard to sleep with comfort due to their growing womb and finding a comfortable sleeping position become even more challenging in the second and third trimesters of pregnancy.
During third trimester doctors usually advise mothers not to sleep on their back as it would affect your baby’s growth inside the womb.
To overcome this issue and to give the moms to be a comfy and good night sleep, maternal experts had come up with the idea of pregnancy pillows for sleeping.
Pregnancy pillows are designed in such a way that they give support to the back, hip and shoulders of the mother without exerting any pressure on the womb.
We dedicate this writing to all the mothers who are expecting. You are the most beautiful creation of The God and we all love you.
In this post we are compiling the best pregnancy pillows that you can buy online to overcome the anxiety and sleep deprivation during maternal times.
Why You Need A Pregnancy Pillow?
Dr. James Lingle Advise to 20 weeks pregnant mothers on the topic, what is the best sleeping position during pregnancy?
The Video is Credited to UCHealth.
In the video Dr. James Lingle is emphasizing on to sleep on your side after second trimesters and use a pillow between your legs to eliminate back pain and a body pillow to hug for a more comfortable sleeping position.
In the above picture you can see how a pregnancy pillow helps you to get the necessary support for your spine, hip, shoulders and womb while you sleep.
As advised by Dr. James Lingle, you can use it between your legs and hug it at the same time to enjoy a healthy sleeping position for you and the baby.
Best Pregnancy Pillows Detailed Guide
No 1. Leachco Back ‘N Belly Pregnancy Pillow
- Pregnancy Pillow Leachco that will support your belly, hip and spine at the same time.
- Its Unique design blocks you from sleeping on your back and belly.
- Pregnancy Pillows Leachco come with a removable and washable cover.
- Leachco Back ‘N Belly Pregnancy pillow has over 3.4k review on Amazon.
Leachco Back ‘N Belly Pregnancy Pillow is one of the largest pregnancy pillows that you can buy. It is 51 inches long, 33.5 inches wide, and 8.8 inches thick. It weighs about 7.04 pounds.
It is a full body pillow that accommodate all the parts of your body that need support during pregnancy.
The Leachco Back ‘N Belly Pregnancy Pillow is stuffed with polyester fiber that makes it very comfortable and is a great alternative for traditional pillows.
Moreover, Leachco Back ‘N Belly Pregnancy Pillow allows you get the best of both worlds, it reduces the need of multiple traditional pillows and support all parts of your body.
It supports you neck, head, shoulders, spine, stomach and the zone between your knees to maintain hip alignment.
The pregnancy pillow has a removable, washable, sham-style cover made of 65% polyester and 35% cotton. Frankly it takes a little effort to take the pillow out and put it back in to the cover.
It is a no repositioning pillow that only allows you sleep on your sides at night. it is one of the best rated pregnancy pillow that you can buy online.
Pregnancy Pillow Leachco is a huge pillow and you must consider the size of your bed before buying it.
- Pregnancy pillows best for women who are suffering from back pain.
- Ideal for women who want equal support for back and belly.
- Pregnancy pillows best for women who are conscious about not sleeping on back and belly.
No 2. PharMeDoc Pregnancy Pillow, Best C Shaped Pregnancy Pillow
- Pregnancy pillow pharmedoc is a full body and C-shaped pregnancy pillow.
- It comes with a cotton jersey cover that is zipper removable.
- Pregnancy pillow pharmedoc is filled with polyfill material.
- Supports head, neck, back, bump, knees at the same time.
- Pregnancy pillow pharmedoc has Double-Stitch Seams.
PharMeDoc Pregnancy Pillow c shape is a full body pillow. The pillow is designed in such a way that it reduces the needs of additional pillows while you sleep.
It is 57 inches long, 30 inches wide, and 7 inches thick which makes it a done deal for tall women. It weighs about 7.05 pounds.
It is an ideal pregnancy pillow for sleeping on a full or queen size bed as it is not as bulky as the Leachco Back ‘N Belly Pregnancy pillow.
Pregnancy pillow pharmedoc is an ultimate pregnancy pillow that gives neutral support to each part of your body. It is a multipurpose Pregnancy pillow that can be used to support your belly and back at the time of sleeping, reading, or watching TV.
PharMeDoc Pregnancy Pillow c shape is filled with a polyfill blend material that is made to give a soft and comfy feel to your body with necessary support when weight is applied on it.
It comes with a cotton jersey cover that is durable and extremely soft. It is machine washable and dryable.
One of the most attractive features of this Pregnancy Pillow is that it has Double-Stitch Seams that prevent it from ripping thus, making it more durable and long lasting then other pregnancy pillows.
- Pregnancy pillows best for people who are on a tight budget.
- Ideal for people who like a firm feel of the pillow.
- Pregnancy pillows best for giving extra support to your body while sleeping, reading, or watching TV.
No 3. Leachco Snoogle Original Maternity Pillow, Best Pregnancy Body Pillow
- Pregnancy Pillow Snoogle by Leachco is a snake shaped full body pillow.
- Its Unique design allows you to use it is 6 different position.
- Pregnancy Pillow Snoogle has polyester fiber filling in it.
- It comes with a variety of fabric options with zipper removable cover.
- The most popular pregnancy pillow on Amazon with over 7k reviews.
Leachco Snoogle Original Maternity pillow looks like a c shaped pillow but it’s not like traditional c shaped pillows its adjustable design allows you to use it in six different ways.
As a reviewer, this is the best pregnancy pillow that one can buy online. It gives you the freedom to use only one pillow instead of using multiple. Its full body design gives ultimate support to your hips, back, neck, and tummy.
It is a slightly longer than other maternity pillows. Pregnancy Pillow Snoogle by Leachco is 60 inches long 24.8 inches wide and 7.2 inches thick. It weighs about 5.5 pounds.
Pregnancy Pillow Snoogle comes with a sham-style cover that is slight difficult to remove and it feels like stuffing sausage into a casing.
It is the best rated pregnancy pillow on Amazon with over 7k reviews with more than 60% 5-star reviews.
Pregnancy Pillow Snoogle is a large pillow bear in mind the size of your bed before buying one of these. It can be good option if you have a queen or king size bed.
It had a patented design that was identified by moms and nurses which allows it to be adjusted into six different positions.
- Pregnancy pillow best for tall sleepers.
- Ideal pillow for nursing.
- Best pregnancy body pillow for back pain.
No 4. hiccapop Pregnancy Pillow Wedge for Maternity
- hiccapop Pregnancy Pillow is a wedge-shaped pregnancy pillow.
- It uses memory foam on one side and a firmer foam on other side.
- hiccapop Pregnancy Pillow Wedge is very compact and affordable.
- It can be used to support your Body, Belly, Back, Knees in multiple ways.
- It uses AIRFLOW VENTILATION TECHNOLOGY in their foams
- hiccapop Pregnancy Pillow Wedge uses a PLUSH VELBOA COVER that is super soft.
Hiccapop Pregnancy Pillow is a uniquely designed pregnancy pillow that is made in wedge shape having memory foam at one and a firmer foam at the other end. The small size and dual foam system help you to use the pillow as per your own comfort needs.
It is an overall pregnancy pillow and can be used in many ways to overcome maternal issues like
- Swelling in hands, legs, and feet.
- Back pain and spinal stress.
- Nerve pain and leg numbness.
Hiccapop Pregnancy Pillow Wedge is 15 inches wide, 13.25 inches long, and 4.5 inches tall. It weighs only 11.2 ounces which makes it the lightest pregnancy pillow is this list.
The hiccapop Pregnancy Pillow Wedge uses AIRFLOW VENTILATION TECHNOLOGY in their foams. The technology is certified by CertiPUR-US® FOAM. The foam has tiny perforated holes in it that encourages airflow to keep the pillow cool at night thus, making it an ideal pregnancy pillow for sleeping.
The unique design of hiccapop Pregnancy Pillow gives you ultimate comfort and can be used as a knee pillow to keep your hips align, belly wedge pillow while sleeping or back pillow while sitting or driving.
The hiccapop Pregnancy Pillow Wedge comes covered with a removable ultra-plush velbeo cover that has a very soft feel to it. The cover is very durable and machine washable.
Out of the box, hiccapop Pregnancy Pillow Wedge comes with a travelling bag that enhances it portability and makes it an ideal choice for use while travelling.
- Pregnancy pillows best for travelling and to support your back while driving.
- Ideal pillow for women that have small size beds.
- Perfect for people who are tight on their budget.
- A good pick for women having back pain during pregnancy.
No 5. QUEEN ROSE Pregnancy Pillow
- QUEEN ROSE Pregnancy Pillow is a U-shaped pillow.
- Its U shape design helps moms at the time of sleeping, feeding and sitting.
- QUEEN ROSE Pregnancy Pillow comes with a double decker head support.
- It had a 100% cotton cover and is stuffed with 3D PP Fabric cotton.
- QUEEN ROSE Pregnancy Pillow is the most highly rated pregnancy pillow on Amazon with 70% positive reviews.
QUEEN ROSE Pregnancy Pillow is a unique cushion pillow that uses U shaped symmetry to relieve pressure from your body at the time of sleeping, feeding and sitting.
Its design keeps you in a healthy posture to enhance blood circulation, reduce leg soreness, and give optimal comfort at the time of sleeping.
The QUEEN ROSE Pregnancy Pillow can be used in multiple positions. You can use it while sleeping, watching TV, feeding baby or reading books.
It is 61 inches long, 31 inches wide, and 7 inches high. It weighs about 8.6 pounds.
It is perfect for tall women who are 5 foot 5 inches or 5 foot 7 inches tall.
The QUEEN ROSE Pregnancy Pillow is filled with 3D PP Fabric cotton that gives your body premium comfort and long-lasting durability.
It is ideal for women that are suffering from back pain as its U shape gives you a stiff back support when you sleep on the QUEEN ROSE Pregnancy Pillow.
- Pregnancy pillow best for tall women.
- High end pregnancy pillow for women having back pain.
- Ideal for buyers who want pre-purchase satisfaction (The Pillow is has over 5k reviews on Amazon).
No 6. Boppy Side Sleeper Pregnancy Pillow
- Boppy Pregnancy Pillow has two pillows that are connected by an outer cover.
- Its unique shape gives support to your bump and back while sleeping.
- Boppy Side Sleeper Pregnancy Pillow is a small sized pregnancy pillow.
- It come with a zipper removable and ultra-soft jersey cover.
- The pillows and the cover are machine washable.
Boppy Side Sleeper Pregnancy Pillow or sometimes called Boppy bump and back pillow is a unique shaped pregnancy pillow that basically has two pillows that are connected with each other by an ultra-soft jersey cover.
The two pillows have some space between them that help you to anchor the pillows to your bump and back while you are sleeping on your side.
The unique design of Boppy Pregnancy Pillow allows it to be used in multiple occasions like you can wrap it around your back while you are sitting on your bed or you can use them under your legs to elevate them.
However, it is important to note that this pillow will not give any support to you neck and shoulders like any traditional C-shaped or U-shaped pregnancy pillows.
The thing that makes this pillow better than others is its compact size and light weight. It can easily be used as a travel pregnancy pillow. The weight of this pillow is just 1.7 pounds which makes it an ideal pregnancy pillow for sleeping on a single or small double size beds.
Both the pillows are filled with 100% virgin polyester fiber. The cover is ultra-soft which is machine washable. The cover is easily removable due to the zipper mechanism that it has.
- Pregnancy pillow best for side sleepers.
- The unique design is ideal to support growing bump and back.
- Best pregnancy pillow for travelling.
No 7. Comfort-U Total Body Pregnancy Support Pillow
- Comfort-U pregnancy pillow is a total body pregnancy pillow.
- Its overall design gives support to your neck, shoulder, bump, and back.
- Pregnancy pillow Comfort-U is filled with a unique material called FUSION FIBER.
- The pillow is machine washable.
Comfort-U pregnancy pillow is a full-sized pregnancy pillow that is the biggest and most premium pregnancy pillow on this list.
It weighs about 10.36 pounds and it is 16.9 inches long, 16.1 inches wide, and, 13.5 inches thick. If you have a small bed, then you should consider some other pregnancy pillow for sleeping.
Comfort-U pregnancy pillow has a plush feel to it and its massive U shape keeps you asleep on your side.
It is filled with Premium Filling Material called Fusion Fiber that is made specially to make it durable and to hold its shape even after dozens of washes.
Its U shape allow it to be used in multiple way like to give support between knees while you sleep, or if you are sitting for a long time while reading books or watching TV or to elevate your legs at the time of sleeping.
The Comfort-U pregnancy pillow align your hips, neck, shoulders and back to increase the blood circulation and helps regulate body temperature for a deep, restful sleep.
- Pregnancy pillow best for women that are tall.
- Not suitable for people who are on a tight budget, it is a premium pregnancy pillow.
- Ideal pillow for women who want a durable and long-lasting pregnancy pillow.
- Best option for sleepers who have king or California-king sized beds
- Best body pillow for pregnancy.
No 8. Boppy Slipcovered, Best Body Pillow for Pregnancy
- Boppy Slipcovered pregnancy pillow is a full body pregnancy pillow.
- It is the lightest full body pregnancy pillow that we have reviewed.
- Boppy Slipcovered pregnancy pillow is designed to self-adjust with the shape of growing baby bump.
- The pillow and cover are machine washable and is easily removable due to the zipper mechanism they have.
- Boppy Slipcovered pregnancy pillow is filled with polyester virgin fiber to ensures durability and reliability.
Boppy Slipcovered pregnancy pillow is a one-piece total body pregnancy pillow that is the lightest and small pull body pregnancy pillow that we have reviewed for this list.
The pillow weighs 5 pounds and is 48 inches long, 25 inches wide, and 8 inches thick.
Boppy Slipcovered pregnancy pillow is not that big in size thus it can be used if you have a full size or a queen size bed.
Its head to toe comfort system provides total body support for your head, neck, back, hips and the baby bump. You can give it to someone who is expecting a baby and I would bet on it that they would love it.
The pillow can be helpful during the prenatal support and beyond through postpartum recovery period.
Its overall design helps you get comfy while sleeping on your side, but also while lounging or sitting.
Boppy Slipcovered pregnancy pillow is filled with virgin fiber cotton that is extremely comfy and is packed inside a cotton cover that is machine washable and easy to remove due to the zipper mechanism.
- Pregnancy pillow best for mothers that have full size or queen size beds.
- The pillow however is not ideal for travelling.
- The pillow is an ideal pick for medium height mothers.
No 9. Cozy Bump Pregnancy Pillow, Best Pregnancy Pillow for Stomach Sleepers
- Cozy Bump Pregnancy Pillow is an inflated pregnancy pillow.
- It is the pillow that can be used for mothers who love to sleep on their stomach.
- Cozy Bump Pregnancy Pillow can also be used for relaxing or getting a massage form your partner.
- Cozy Bump Pregnancy Pillow has an adjustable belly chamber.
- It is a made up of soft flocking material for optimal comfort.
- The inflated pregnancy pillow has legs, hips, chest, and face support sections.
Cozy Bump Pregnancy Pillow is a pregnancy pillow that was ideally designed to accommodate the needs of mothers who are primarily stomach sleepers.
Cozy Bump Pregnancy Pillow is an inflated pregnancy pillow that can be used while you lie on your belly at the time of sleeping, while going through a prenatal massage session, at the time of pregnancy exercising, or at the time of lounging in the pool.
Its patented design lowers your legs, keep your spine align and relieve tension of blood vessels to reduce discomfort.
The Cozy Bump Pregnancy Pillow is a huge pillow and is made up of PVC plastic, so it has a stingy smell too, and we highly recommend putting a towel at the face section of the pillow to make it more comfortable.
The only feature of this pillow is that it allows you to lay on your belly and keep your baby in a safe position.
Cozy Bump Pregnancy Pillow is six feet tall and weighs over 4.85 pounds. It is highly unlikely that it can be used for a bed that is anything less than a queen size bed. It is only available in two colors pink and blue. As per my opinion it would be great if they could come in colors like black or white.
- Best pregnancy pillow for stomach sleepers.
- Ideal for laying on your belly and relaxing.
- Perfect for prenatal massage sessions, pregnancy exercising, and lounging in the pool.
No 10. Boppy Pregnancy pillow Wedge, Best Pregnancy Pillow Wedge
- Boppy Pregnancy pillow Wedge is a uniquely designed wedge-shaped pillow.
- Pregnancy pillow wedge are specialized pregnancy pillows, can give support to baby bump or back at a time.
- Boppy Pregnancy pillow Wedge is a compact and lightweight pregnancy pillow.
- It has an Ultra-soft jersey slipcover that is removable and machine washable.
Boppy Pregnancy pillow Wedge is a versatile and easy to travel pregnancy pillow. The pillow is inclined for the best support to the baby bump, back, and hips specially at the time of sleeping.
Its compact size and light weight make it portable and to be used while sleeping on a single or full size double bed.
You can use the Boppy Pregnancy pillow Wedge in three positions. You can use it to give support to the baby bump or under your back if you are suffering from back pain. You can also use it between your legs for better blood circulation and comfort.
This support pillow is an adult item only and is not intended for an infant’s use.
Boppy Pregnancy pillow Wedge is very light and weighs just 9.6 ounces.
It has an Ultra-soft jersey slipcover that is removable and machine washable (Note the Cushion itself is not washable).
- Pregnancy Pillow best for travelling.
- Perfect to be used while sleeping on a small size bed.
- Gives ideal support to the baby bump for better comfort while sleeping on your side.
- Best pregnancy pillow wedge shaped.
- If you are looking for a pregnancy pillow that will provide ample comfort and support to your back and baby bump while sleeping, then go for pregnancy pillow Leachco Back ‘N Belly Contoured Body Pillow.
- If you are looking for a full body C shaped pregnancy pillow that is durable and can be used while sleeping, watching TV, and Reading books, then buy pregnancy pillow pharmedoc C Shaped Full Body Pillow.
- If you are a person, who don’t want to risk money by buying any pregnancy pillow, we highly recommend you buy Pregnancy Pillow Snoogle by Leachco, the highest rated pregnancy pillow on Amazon (Best Pillow for Sleeping in my opinion).
- If you need portability or had a small size bed, then we recommend you consider hiccapop Pregnancy Pillow Wedge shaped.
- If you need a pregnancy pillow that will have a cushion pillow feel to it, then take look at QUEEN ROSE U shaped Pregnancy Pillow.
All the above recommendations are based on actual user reviews and ratings that were pasted on Amazon.
Hopefully, This blog had helped you in answering the question what are the best pregnancy pillows?
Support us by sharing our content.
Tell us in the comment section about your experiences and ask us any questions that you have regarding topic the best pregnancy pillows.
Looking for product reviews that can help you in improving your daily sleep schedule.
Frequently Asked Questions
Which is the best pregnancy pillow?
- Leachco Back ‘N Belly Pregnancy Pillow
- PharMeDoc Pregnancy Pillow C shaped
- Leachco Snoogle Original Maternity Pillow
- hiccapop Pregnancy Pillow Wedge shaped
- QUEEN ROSE U shaped Pregnancy Pillow
- Boppy Side Sleeper Pregnancy Pillow
- Comfort-U Total Body Pregnancy Support Pillow
- Boppy Slipcovered Total Body Pregnancy Pillow
- Cozy Bump Pregnancy Pillow
- Boppy Pregnancy Pillow Wedge shaped
How to use a pregnancy pillow?
- Put the pillow under baby bump for extra support.
- Can use pregnancy pillow to raise your upper body to avoid heartburn.
- In case of a full body pillow you can lay down on it that will give support to your neck, shoulders, arms, and back.
- You can also use pregnancy pillows to give extra support to your back and baby bump while sitting.
- Use pregnancy pillow between your legs to give extra support to your back if you are suffering from back pain.
- You can also hug pregnancy pillow to get extra comfort at the time of sleeping.
Do pregnancy pillows help back pain?
Dr. James Lingle is emphasizing on to sleep on your side after second trimesters and use a pillow between your legs to eliminate back pain and a body pillow to hug for a more comfortable sleeping position. Pregnancy pillow helps you to get the necessary support for your spine, hip, shoulders and womb while you sleep.
When should you start using a maternity pillow?
During third trimester doctors usually advise mothers not to sleep on their back as it would affect your baby’s growth inside the womb. To overcome this issue and to give the moms to be a comfy and good night sleep, maternal experts had come up with the idea of pregnancy pillows for sleeping.
- The Best Sleep Trackers (2022 Top-Reviews And Guide) - August 16, 2022
- 10 Best Headphones for Sleeping (2022 Top Picks & Guide) - August 15, 2022
- The Best Cooling Mattress Pads (Top-Picks & Guide) - August 15, 2022