Are you a happy camper?
Loved being close to nature? Observe the immense beauty that the World had to offer.
Camping is a tough hobby. It becomes even more intense when the weather is freezing. The forest is at its most beautiful at night. The stars are in the sky, the moon shining bright, and the silence. But to see these, we have to go through the rain, freezing wind, and bone-chilling weather.
Most of the good quality sleeping bags will save you from cold, plus a woolen blanket will cuddle and keep you cozy throughout the night.
Now let’s get to the best wool blankets for camping that we had reviewed for you. We have compiled the list of top woolen blankets that are soft and comfy. We have something for everyone from 100% woolen blankets, military-type heavy blankets, and lightweight woolen blankets with multiple sizes.
The Best Wool Blankets for Outdoor (In-Depth Review)
1. Ever Ready – Best Wool Blanket for Camping
- Ever Ready First Aid Wool Blanket is made from 80% wool.
- The blanket has an olive-green color that camouflages with the forest background.
- 80% of wool makes it warm as well as comfy even in extreme cold.
- The blanket has a softer touch and feels in comparison with blankets made from synthetic materials.
- It is a large blanket with a dimension of 66″ x 90″ inches.
- The blanket can easily accommodate couples, and additional length provides extra space for tall people.
- Made from fire redundant material, so that you can sit in front of a borne fire without any fear.
- Best for extreme cold weather because of higher wool quantity.
- Wool blanket good for couples and tall people.
- Use it while sitting in front of a campfire as it uses fire redundant material.
- Military-style durable and dependable blanket. Best for hunting, hiking, and camping.
- Most of the people loved the look and feel of Ever Ready First Aid Wool Blanket.
- A reviewer considers it as a must part of his camping gear.
- Some people much appreciate the affordability plus quality of the blanket.
- Few reviewed that the blanket has a chemical smell that goes with time.
- A person reviewed it as not that good for the extremely colds winters of northern states.
2. Arcturus Patterned – Best Heavy Wool Blanket
- Arcturus patterned wool blanket is heavy and warm.
- The blanket weighs 4.5 pounds having a 550 GSM density.
- It has a striped design that is very pleasing to the eye.
- The blanket is durable as it has contrast lock stitching on the sides.
- The wool blanket is available in 64″ x 88” inch size.
- It is made from 70% wool and 30% hypoallergic synthetic fibers.
- The use of synthetic fibers makes the blanker more rugged.
- The Blanket is machine washable and they get softer with each wash.
- Wash the blanket separately with cold water and line drying only
- Arcturus recommends using woolen detergent.
- The blanket will shed a little during the first few washes like all loom woven blankets.
- The blanket is best in terms of durability and comfort.
- It looks beautiful with the striped design.
- Large enough for couples.
- A good choice for outdoor activities; camping, hiking, or enjoying a football game in winter.
- It is best if you are short on cash as it is reasonably priced.
- Most of the people reviewed it to be warm and cozy on a cold night.
- A reviewer commented it is a high-quality blanket that is way less expensive.
- Some people also mentioned that there is no chemical smell in this blanket.
3. Woolly Mammoth – Extra Large Wool Blanket
- The woolly Mammoth wool blanket is woven with 80% virgin merino wool and 20% Nylon Polyester Blend.
- They add a small amount of acrylic to the blanket for enhanced durability.
- It is available in 5 beautiful colors. Navy Blue and Olive Green being the most popular.
- The blanket is 66″ inches x 90″ inches and weighs approximately 4 pounds.
- The woolly Mammoth wool blanket has double stitching edges.
- Woolly says that merino wool is self-cleaning and does not need to be machine washed.
- Machine washing Woolly Mammoth wool blanket can damage the blanket.
- The woolly Mammoth wool blanket is durable, a good choice for camping and hunting.
- It is a heavy blanket and is a viable option in extreme cold.
- People reviewed the Woolly Mammoth wool blanket as very soft, huge, and thin but dense.
- Some people consider it to be very well stitched.
- Few commented that it had an oil-like smell to it that dissipates with time.
- A reviewer considered it very stiff and rough.
4. Arcturus Buffalo – Best Wool Blanket for Hiking
- Arcturus Buffalo Plaid Wool Blankets made from 80% Arcturus wool.
- The blanket weighs 4.5 pounds having density of 550 GSM.
- It is a heavy plus warm blanket, good for camping in cold weather.
- Arcturus Buffalo Plaid Wool Blankets is available in 2 beautiful designs.
- The blanket has contrast lock stitching along the sides.
- Blanket is machine washable and very easy to maintain.
- It is large enough to be used by couples.
- Best for enjoying cold and rainy weather.
- An ideal pick for camping as it made from dense wool and has double side stitching.
- A good option for people who love striped designs with beautiful colors.
- People just love this premium quality wool blanket at such affordable price.
- Most of the people reviewed it as mid-weight blanket with good heat retention ability.
5. Alpaca and Sheep – Desert Breeze Wool Blanket
- Desert Breeze wool blanket is a 100% virgin wool blanket.
- The wool used is taken from animals farmed in extreme climate conditions of the Andes Mountains.
- It has beautiful stripes with tan, brown, or gray color.
- The blanket has protected polyester binding and double-stitched edges for more durability.
- Desert Breeze wool blanket is washable and can be dry cleaned.
- It is not recommended to use bleach or enzymes. Wash blanket with mild liquid soap in cold water.
- Desert Breeze wool blanket is very beautiful and can be placed on a bed or sofa.
- The blanket is thick and can be used as an outdoor blanket.
- Most of the people were satisfied with the thickness and ability to trap the heat of the blanket.
- Reviewers also praised the beautiful look of the blanket.
- Some people experienced a chemical smell from the blanket.
6. Orion Vestige Military – Most Durable Wool Blanket
- Orion Vestige Military Wool Blankets are made from 80% premium wool.
- The blanket is extra warm, heavy, and soft.
- It has a very beautiful design that resembles the color of military uniforms.
- The wool blanket is durable and can absorb moisture and heat.
- The blanket is available in 8 different designs.
- It is machine washable and can be sent for dry cleaning.
- A must for your survival kit as it a durable blanket for outdoor activities.
- Can be used as a security blanket as it has a very warm feel to it.
- Most of the people are satisfied with the blanket’s ability to stay warm.
- Some people also mention that the blanket is comfy and soft.
- People reviewed it to be best for camping, but it has a chemical smell to it.
7. Merino Minus33 – Best Woolen Blanket for Camp Fire
- Merino minus 33 blanket is a warm and dense wool blanket.
- It is a 3 pounds blanket.
- The blanket is made from flame redundant wool.
- The use is Renewable and Recycled.
- Merino minus 33 blanket is soft and easy to wash.
- It can be used as an everyday blanket and as an outdoor blanket.
- The blanket has ample size that is 62 inches long by 80 inches wide.
- It has beautiful colors with striped designs.
- Merino minus 33 wool blanket is for twin size beds and cots.
- It is best for resisting cold weather while camping.
- It can be used as a cover blanket while sitting in front of the campfire.
- People just love how soft and warm the Merino minus 33 blanket is.
- Some consumers also reviewed it as a beautiful blanket that looks good on the bed.